I have owned and used the iPhone 2 8gb, 3GS 32gb and 4 32gb. I also own an iPad 64gb WiFi. I see the differences between devices and see where I think the iPad 2 should go.
- I would look towards a 8″ model with a smaller bezel.
- It also SHOULD NOT be any thinner. Actually it might be a little thicker.
- It has to be closer to paperbook sized.
- Use the same resolution as the original iPad.
- Use the same cameras as the iPhone 4.
- Integrate the SD slot, like the Macbooks.
- USB slot integrated in 10″ model
- Dual core processor with multicore graphics for better graphic support.
- 2X or 4X the RAM for a more computer like feel and to help with the multitasking.
- Bring it up to 128gb of storage.
- DO NOT DO A WIFI ONLY MODEL! Make a GSM/CDMA/LTE shared version.
- Have three size models, 3.5″ (iPod Touch), 7-8″ (iPad Mini) and 10″ (iPad Pro)
Well, my predictions were pretty good, down to the name iPad mini. They did add a 128gb model, to the full sized iPad. The size for the mini was right as was the resolution of the screen. It did get a dual core processor and double the RAM of the original iPad. It got a better camera than the iPhone 4, but no SD slot or USB. I’d say I did a decent prediction way before anyone was whispering about the mini. And I’m very happy with my mini.